Junior Commodity Trader - Physical Trading Operations
Physical Trading Operations
Full time - 35hrs per week
1st May 2019
Successful candidate will work in operations, supporting the general manager on all aspects of supply chain and international trade as well as engaging with various stakeholders and resolving issues as requested. This is a fantastic opportunity for entrepreneurial minded individuals to join a newly established company and become a senior team member as the company grows. Work could include duties such as:
- Speaking with suppliers and buyers in order to prepare the purchase and sell order
- Checking of shipment commodity codes and customs procedure declaration and information
- Checking customer paperwork to ensure correctness prior to shipping and accurate entering of declarations onto local customs software programme
- Help Legal team in preparation of contracts and making sure that the correct Incoterms are followed
- Working closely with ISO and UK Cares consultants to meet industry standards during the shipment, handling and delivery of products
- Support and engage with Almet Trading's international offices and across teams and resolving issues as requested.
- Engage with Financing Institutions with regards L/C arrangement, Currency Hedging, Invoice Financing and Insurance
- Develop high level (decision- making) contacts with both existing and target customers.
- Attending the meetings with port and logistics representatives to discuss the upcoming projects and continually look for better deals on logistics
- Attending the industry related international conferences and events to represent all group businesses and continually seek out new sales opportunities.
- Create a strong and well researched / prepared order pipeline and making sure the interest of all third parties are covered such as Banks, Port, Supplier, Buyer and Insurance.
- Understanding the wide range of components, products and services offered by the group.
- Keep up to date with market analysis and information and identify new trading opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to be able to engage at senior level.
- Entrepreneurial approach to seeking out and developing opportunities.
- Able to see longer term opportunities and advise on new technology requirements and supporting investment.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills; other languages would be beneficial
- Located in or eligible to work in London
- BSc in International Trade or similar qualifications
- Microsoft Office skills
- Language skills a bonus
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Works well in a team
- Able to prioritise work
Benefits & Prospects
- Training will be provided.
- Career progression and move to different areas of business such as sales or business development executive.
- You will get great exposure into international trading, customs procedures, Incoterms, UCP 600 and ISBP on Letter of Credit.
- An exciting opportunity to join a thriving business and to further develop a career in international trading
To apply please send your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
Application questions the candidate must answer on their CL:
What skills and qualities can you bring to this role?
What's the most entrepreneurial thing you've done or been a part of?
Closing Date for Applicants